Every year, the Uber Misplaced & Discovered Index gives a snapshot of our riders’ mostly forgotten and most original misplaced objects, in addition to the cities which were most forgetful, the instances of day and days of the week riders neglect objects most, and naturally, useful tips about how you can get misplaced objects again utilizing the Uber app.
Telephones, wallets and keys topped the checklist of essentially the most generally forgotten objects as soon as once more, however as we all know, riders aren’t simply leaving the necessities behind. People are forgetting all the pieces from tins of caviar, to fingernail clippings, to Grandma’s enamel, to Bernie Sanders fanny packs and extra. Austin, TX takes the cake as essentially the most forgetful U.S. metropolis for 2 years operating, whereas St. Patricks Day and July 4 had been the preferred two days of the yr to depart belongings on the backseat.
The complete outcomes are under:
The 2022 Uber Misplaced & Discovered Index
The ten mostly forgotten objects:
- Telephone / digicam
- Backpack / purse
- Headphones / speaker
The ten most “forgetful” cities:
- Austin, TX (second yr in a row at #1!)
- Charlotte, NC
- Houston, TX
- Indianapolis, IN
- Dallas, TX
- Kansas Metropolis, KS
- Atlanta, GA
- Tampa Bay, FL
- Columbus, OH
- Phoenix, AZ
The 50 most original misplaced objects:
- Some tater tots
- My fingernail is on the seat
- “It’s Boba Time” apron
- Foldable unicorn child chair
- 500 grams of caviar
- My grandma’s enamel
- A Buddha locket
- Cat litter and a reptile heating bulb
- “Life is hard however so are you” blanket
- A grass cutter and tree trimmer
- Supreme underwear
- Pizza costume
- A sh*tty portray of a moose
- Unicorn band assist field
- A Billie Eilish ukulele
- 6 pool drains and an Worker of the Month plaque
- I misplaced 40 hen nuggets
- Bernie Sanders fannie pack
- A crochet strawberry my girlfriend made me. It means rather a lot to me.
- Toy airplane
- Star Wars Yoda headband and Darth Vader helmet
- A part of my delicate serve ice cream machine
- Metallic leg
- Portray of Kung Fu Panda and pink air pump formed as a pig
- A chunk of my broom
- Vintage strolling cane with a sword
- 17 flowers and three milk teas
- Urn with pet ashes + urn of member of the family
- Tube for chugging drinks. Very costly.
- Two pair of snorkeling goggles and a passport from China
- An influence washer and a picket carved fish
- Dream catcher and a deck of tarot playing cards
- Diamond grill
- Free pear-shaped diamond. $1000 reward if discovered!
- A bucket of slime
- Small rhino sculpture
- A wig and a fabric
- Brown tortoise
- A single blonde strand of hair
- Spray tan machine
- Paw Patrol blanket
- Breast pump and a white cowboy hat
- 10lbs of hamburger meat
- Burger and banana fridge magnets
- A dart that claims “unleash the beast”
- Ball gag and stethoscope
- A windmill
Most forgetful days / instances:
- Uber riders throughout the US are most forgetful on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Individuals are turning into extra forgetful within the early night with folks reporting essentially the most objects left behind between 4-6pm.
- A few of the most forgetful days of the final yr had been March 20 (St. Patrick’s Day Weekend) and July 4.
Misplaced objects that peak on sure days:
- Individuals are more than likely to neglect their glasses, chargers and cardholders on Mondays.
- Individuals are more than likely to neglect child’s objects like automobile seats, pacifiers, milk, and strollers on Tuesdays.
- Individuals are more than likely to neglect passports and books on Wednesdays.
- Individuals are more than likely to neglect groceries and laptops on Thursdays.
- Individuals are more than likely to neglect money and fanny packs on Fridays.
- Individuals are more than likely to neglect clothes, ID, and keys on Saturdays.
- Individuals are more than likely to neglect telephones, wallets, jewellery and make-up on Sundays.
2022 Misplaced & Discovered traits:
- Forgetful followers: Greater than 50 Jerseys from the Rangers, Warriors, Giants, Eagles, LA Dodgers and extra had been all left behind by followers.
- Keys: Toyota keys are essentially the most steadily left behind, adopted by Honda, BMW and Jeep.
- Timing is all the pieces: 5pm is essentially the most forgetful time of day.
- Beloved manufacturers: Nike appears to be forgotten most, adopted by Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Samsung and Apple merchandise.
- CPAP machines: During the last yr, greater than 40 riders reported abandoning their CPAP machines.
- Candy enamel: Greater than 30 riders for his or her retainers, greater than 20 riders forgot their gold or diamond encrusted grills, and 5 people left their dentures on the backseat.
- Musical devices: Flutes, drums, trombones, ukuleles, dj tools and extra had been all left behind this previous yr.
The easiest way to retrieve a misplaced merchandise is to name the motive force – however in the event you depart your cellphone itself in an Uber, you’ll be able to login to your account on a pc. Right here’s what to do:
- Faucet “Your Journeys” and choose the journey the place you left one thing.
- Scroll down and faucet “Discover misplaced merchandise.”
- Faucet “Contact driver a few misplaced merchandise.”
- Scroll down and enter the cellphone quantity you want to be contacted at. Faucet submit.
- Your cellphone will ring and join you instantly along with your driver’s cellular quantity.
- In case your driver picks up and confirms that your merchandise has been discovered, coordinate a mutually handy time and place to satisfy for its return to you.
- In case your driver doesn’t choose up, depart an in depth voicemail describing your merchandise and one of the simplest ways to contact you.
- And in the event you misplaced your private cellphone, and are unable to signal into the app you could be related to help by way of webchat.