Scroll To See Extra Photos
Each time I go to a brand new metropolis, I begin romanticizing and imagining my new and improved life and persona there. I ponder to myself: Who would I be on this metropolis? It’s no secret that locations have the facility to have an effect on us on a soul-level, which is why studying learn how to calculate your astrocartography chart might be such an eye-opening expertise. As somebody who splits their time between the west coast and the east coast of the U.S., I got down to discover out whether or not astrocartography—AKA the astrology of places—may inform me which facet of the continent I ought to dwell on.
Throughout the peak of the pandemic, I used to be caught in a poisonous relationship whereas working overdrive in New York Metropolis. The stress would trigger me to fantasize about transferring far-off, questioning if I relocating to Los Angeles would resolve the issue. Now that I’m right here, I’m satisfied—and so are my mates—that the individual I’m whereas chilling on the west coast is totally completely different from the extreme and decided girl-boss persona that I embody at any time when I’m again in New York. For those who additionally really feel such as you turn out to be an entire new individual once you journey to a special geographical location, you would possibly need to look into what your astrocartography chart has to say. Sometimes called locational astrology, astrocartography analyzes the best way your beginning chart aligns with varied cardinal factors on planet Earth.
Nevertheless, the artwork of astrocartography might be sophisticated and obscure with out steerage. For those who’re questioning learn how to learn your astrocartography chart, right here’s what you must know:
The right way to Learn an Astrocartograpy Chart
Whenever you enter your date, time and site of beginning into Astro Dienst’s astrocartography chart calculator, you can be proven your astrocartography map. What you will notice are many alternative strains operating the world over, each labeled with a special colour and a special planet. Every of those strains signify completely different astrological energies; some luckier than others. So long as a metropolis or location is inside 500 miles of the road, it’s being affected by the vitality of that line. Right here’s a run via of how every planetary line impacts you:
- Solar line: This is among the most optimistic strains, because the Solar symbolizes confidence, energy and popularity. In case your solar line is operating via a metropolis, you’ll be able to anticipate to really feel established, revered and admired on this location. This line is commonly labeled with the astrological image with the astrological image for the Solar (☉)
- Moon line: Your Moon line dictates the place you are feeling most comfy and at residence. In case your moon line is operating via a location, you’ll be able to anticipate to really feel as if you belong there and are cared for on this location. It’s an attractive space to begin a household, however it may possibly additionally make you are feeling like staying inside your consolation zone. This line is commonly labeled with the astrological image with the astrological image for the Moon (☽)
- Venus line: In case your Venus line is operating via a location, you’ll have a luckier time falling in love and being profitable on this space. For those who’re single and making an attempt to plan a trip, don’t skimp in your Venus locations! You’ll robotically really feel extra enticing and romantic in these locations, and should you’re hoping to increase your lady group, that is additionally the place you’ll discover different ladies that you just get together with. This line is commonly labeled with the image with the astrological image for Venus (♀)
- Mercury line: For those who’re searching for a spot to be taught new issues, go to museums, linger in bookstores and make dozens of latest mates, your Mercury line is the place it’s at. Right here, you’ll really feel extra social, clever and chatty, making it a superb place to review, write and communicate. This line is commonly labeled with the image with the astrological image for Mercury (☿)
- Mars line: For those who’re making an attempt to attain a aim or succeed at one thing, your Mars line offers you an additional push. It can encourage you to work tougher than ever earlier than! Nevertheless, your Mars line just isn’t recognized for being the simplest place to be, because it typically is a location stuffed with battle and harsh vitality. Nevertheless, that doesn’t imply you’ll be able to’t deal with it. This line is commonly labeled with the image with the astrological image for Mars (♂)
- Jupiter line: Your Jupiter line is a spot that’s stuffed with luck, prosperity and abundance. You’ll have tons of enjoyable touring to and/or dwelling in these places, as they typically carry you optimistic reinforcement. It can additionally develop your want for journey and schooling. This line is commonly labeled with the image with the astrological image for Jupiter (♃)
- Saturn line: Your Saturn line just isn’t a straightforward place, however it’ll power you to work exhausting, set up self-discipline and embrace longterm development and maturity. Whereas your Saturn line can really feel like an inhibiting location stuffed with stress, it’s close to your Saturn line that you just’ll be capable of actually perceive the total extent of your power. This line is commonly labeled with the image with the astrological image for Saturn (♄)
- Uranus line: Your Uranus line can result in sudden shake-ups and an unpredictable flip of occasions. Though your Uranus line could make you are feeling anxious and unsettled, it may possibly additionally make you are feeling impressed and galvanized by new concepts. If you wish to begin a revolution or set a brand new development, being in your Uranus line offers you that further push.This line is commonly labeled with the image with the astrological image for Uranus (♅)
- Neptune line: Have you ever ever wished to sit back out and spend time in a fantasy world? Go to your Neptune line ASAP. Right here, you’ll be capable of drift away from actuality and embrace the magic of that location. Nevertheless, should you dwell in your Neptune line, it may possibly make you are feeling further lazy. This line is commonly labeled with the image with the astrological image for Neptune (♆)
- Pluto line: Prepared to begin an entire new life? Your Pluto line will show you how to get there, as Pluto is the planet of creation and destruction. Except you’re prepared to begin recent and embrace a brand new model of your self, you would possibly need to keep away from your Pluto line, as it may possibly result in life-changing conditions. This line is commonly labeled with the image with the astrological image for Pluto (♇).
- Chiron line: For those who dwell on or journey to your Chiron line, you would possibly really feel far more delicate, emotional and compassionate right here. Though Chiron can open up previous wounds, this vitality might be extremely therapeutic should you’re able to open your coronary heart to it. Your Chiron line can be a spot the place you generally is a therapeutic presence for others. This line is commonly labeled with the image with the astrological image for Chiron (Ok).
The right way to Learn Your Relocation Chart
Do you know your beginning chart additionally adjustments relying on the place you reside? It solely is sensible, as I really feel like I exude a totally completely different vitality in New York than I do in Los Angeles. For those who’re questioning how your beginning chart adjustments relying on the place you’re situated, you’ll be able to enter your date, time and site of beginning into Astro-Search’s relocation chart calculator, as it’ll present you your new beginning chart compared to your authentic one. This offered me with clues as to which metropolis can be a greater match for my general life.
I immigrated to the States once I was three, so I don’t essentially really feel at residence in China as a 3rd tradition child. New York was the place I got here of age as an grownup for a decade, so in fact my complete life is there. I can’t say for sure but if Los Angeles feels as fast-paced as New York, however time has a manner of passing by shortly when almost every single day is attractive and sunny! Though I’m at the moment dwelling in Los Angeles, I’m continually flying backwards and forwards between each side of the nation. This made me surprise—is my Los Angeles relocation chart is definitely higher than my New York relocation chart? Right here’s what I discovered:
My Los Angeles Relocation Chart
Uh-oh. Mars doesn’t totally lower via LA nevertheless it will get shut! My relocation chart signifies that I expertise a extra fast-paced, pressurized and aggressive lifestyle with attainable battle but additionally an inherent motivation. My Mercury signal additionally strikes from my third Home of Communication and mind to my tenth Home of Profession, whereas my Venus pivots from my 2nd Home of Values to my tenth Home. My Moon additionally adjustments into my sixth Home of Well being and Productiveness. Is my new love language in Los Angeles changing into organized and leaning into the creativity of extra solo work? I went to varsity, began a profession in media, established a proper 9-5 job and and locked in my skilled popularity in New York. My latest transfer to Los Angeles gave me the area to actualize my inventive writing endeavors as a possible job pivot.
My Solar in Leo additionally strikes from my 4th Home of Dwelling and Household to my eleventh Home of Neighborhood, increasing my social circle and urging me to satisfy mew folks. My Pluto (which guidelines transformation and rebirth) shifts from my sixth Home of Well being and Productiveness into my third Home of Communication and Expression. My principal focus right here is to construct a social circle and community, in addition to assist change folks’s lives. This is sensible—I by no means had organized plans in New York and I might go to no matter social invite would pop up within the second. Right here in LA, I would like an agenda weeks prematurely! Since I’m beginning over on my own, I’m doing my greatest to socialize and community, each out and in of the workplace. I formally kicked off my writing profession in Los Angeles too, so ding ding on the accuracy of further expression!
In LA, I’m extra geared towards a monogamous longterm partnership & in NY, I are likely to dive into each quick and livid fling I get swept into.
Whereas my Venus is now in my tenth Home of Profession, my Lilith—which guidelines hidden information—is in my seventh Home of Partnerships. In LA, I’m extra tempted to replicate on long-term relationships and be monogamous, versus diving into each quick and livid fling I get swept into in NY. And though my boyfriend lives in New York, we first met in California! It’s true—I do really feel like a bit of minx in New York with him within the metropolis’s shiny lights, however whereas I’m in LA solo, my thoughts tends to heart on our future collectively.
Now, my Pluto strikes to my third Home of Communication, whereas my North Node can be in my third Home. In California, I’m studying to specific myself in each manner, whereas discovering my life’s true intention on this metropolis via language and creativeness.
My New York Relocation Chart
My Solar line in the USA really runs into the Atlantic Ocean, nevertheless it’s additionally closest to New York, that means I really feel highly effective on the east coast. My darkish inexperienced Venus line runs via this area as effectively, signifying my love life and friendship blossoming in NY. My gentle inexperienced Mercury line additionally indicators to a much bigger social circle and a stonger mind right here. My Solar signal additionally shifts from my 4th Home of Dwelling to my tenth Home of Profession, making me that rather more avid about climbing the company ladder. I’m all in regards to the large image grind right here!
My Solar shifts to my tenth Home of Profession in NY, making me extra avid about climbing the company ladder. I’m all in regards to the large image grind right here!
My Venus in my 2nd Home of Values and Mercury in my third Home of Communication each switch to my ninth Home of Adventures, so I’m open minded to any plans (love life or in any other case!) which find yourself coming my manner. My Venus shifts to my ninth Home of Adventures whereas my Jupiter (which governs enlargement and abundance) strikes from my fifth Home of Romance and Creativity into my twelfth Home of Goals and Feelings. I’m very romantic, inventive but protecting once I’m in NY. My Lilith is now in my fifth Home of Romance and Creativity, which actually will increase the extent of romance I expertise on the east coast. Apparently, I’m a passionate vixen tapping into my divine female right here too!
My Pluto is now in my Ascendent 1st Home of Self, whereas my North Node remains to be in my seventh Home of Partnerships. New York represents an general heightened place with a plethora of beginnings and endings, and my accomplice is meant to be on the east coast. Nevertheless, the wrestle and journey teaches me fortitude and power.
What’s the Verdict: Los Angeles or New York?
The sharp accuracy of utilizing astrocartography is downright spooky. General, I’m studying to rebalance my rituals and routines this yr. New York nonetheless very a lot looks like residence to me. It has given me the tenacity and resilience I all the time wished to have, whereas displaying me probably the most tender moments of cinematic pleasure in my life. My boyfriend additionally nonetheless lives in New York, so I suppose he’d be flattered for me to name him my North Node of Future. In Los Angeles, I’m finally studying to speak out loud to not solely the world by way of my revived love of manufacturing content material, but additionally to myself by way of boundaries, autonomy and therapeutic. Within the meantime, I’ll hold harnessing the attractive and contrasting energies of each cities to the most effective of my skill, as each cities include several types of alternatives for me!
Utilizing Astrocartography maps and relocation charts as a useful resource just isn’t one thing to be terrified of, however to embrace. It may be robust but thrilling imagining all the numerous completely different variations of your self you’ll be able to turn out to be, all by merely visiting a brand new location. But, all of the potential these various locations maintain on your identification ought to yield in producing pleasure. Mine proved to be scarily appropriate, however I recommend taking a deep dive your self and seeing what the world (and future by way of the celebrities) holds for you.