The spookiest weekend of the 12 months is sort of upon us, and with the intersection of Halloween and Dia de los Muertos celebrations, L.A. locals can stay up for a jam-packed three days of occasions.
This weekend, from October 29-31, options Boos and Brews at Angel Metropolis Brewing, a Halloween Hootenanny Craft Beer Fest, Haunted Little Tokyo, Boonion Station, a Squid Recreation celebration at Staff Solely, Dia de los Muertos at Hollywood Perpetually, free Salt & Straw for costumed youngsters, and extra. Browse weekend highlights beneath, and remember should you’re particularly on the lookout for Halloween actions, we’ve a giant listing of Halloween to-dos that we’ve been curating for the reason that finish of final month. Get pleasure from, and be secure!
[Remember, if you want to stay connected with our weekly updates, be sure to sign up for the We Like L.A. Newsletter]
Friday / All Weekend
1. Boos and Brews -> This Friday, Angel Metropolis Brewery is internet hosting a free occasion that includes Halloween beers, sweet pairings, and reside performances, all from 7 to 10 p.m. Costumes inspired. Extra data right here.
2. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan at Skirball -> This Friday, the Skirball Cultural Heart is celebrating their newest exhibition, Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds with a particular screening of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. The movie will likely be preceded by dialog with director Nicholas Meyer and Star Trek knowledgeable Scott Mantz starting at 6:15 p.m. Tickets for the occasion are $20. Extra data right here.
3. The Nightmare Earlier than Christmas w/ Danny Elfman -> Elfman’s live-to-film model of The Nightmare Earlier than Christmas was a longstanding custom on the the Hollywood Bowl, however after a pandemic hiatus the present will now be hosted at Banc of California Stadium. Two exhibits at the moment are scheduled, one for Friday, Oct. 29, and a second only in the near past added for Sunday, Oct. 31. Tickets obtainable (as of first publication of this publish) beginning at $39. Extra data right here.
4. Yappy Hour Halloween Version -> The Fairmont Miramar Resort & Bungalows invitations Angelenos and their pups to kick of the howl-o-ween weekend with a festive Yappy Hour on Friday from 4 to 7 p.m. Sip on Nosotros Tequila cocktails within the Miramar Backyard and deal with your canine to some bites offered by Wholesome Spot. Pooches who present up in costume can enter right into a contest to win a one-night keep on the Fairmont Miramar.
5. Lengthy Seashore’s inaugural Oktoberfest competition -> This Friday suggestions off two full weekends (Oct. 22-24 and Oct. 29-31) of Okbtoberfest motion at Scottish Ceremony Occasion Heart in Lengthy Seashore. Anticipate genuine German beer, meals, dancing, and reside leisure. Normal admission tickets are $20 per particular person. Do not forget that beer, wine and meals are all obtainable for buy, and never included with admission. Extra data right here.
6. Evening of Terror -> Freedom Metropolis Church is internet hosting at Evening Of Terror at its 98-year-old church constructing situated in Historic Uptown Whittier. This 12 months’s scare attraction and maze are constructed across the theme “Life is a Vapor.” Runs Oct. 28-31. Tickets are $15. Extra data right here.
7. Día de los Muertos at Resort June -> On Friday, Resort June will have a good time Día de los Muertos with a night stuffed with cocktails, dancing and DJ units by Jason Bentley and Kyle Woods. The occasion is complimentary and open to the general public. Company are invited to additionally get pleasure from specialty cocktails on the bar and dinner at Resort June’s poolside restaurant, Caravan Swim Membership.
8. Beware the Darkish Realm -> Now in its fifth decade, The Silvey household’s Beware The Darkish Realm is among the longest operating mother and pop haunts within the county, providing what they describe as a “excessive depth walk-through attraction stuffed with terrifying reside monsters, superb particular results, and unbelievable units.” Runs Oct. 15-16, 22-23, and 29-30. The occasion is free, however front-of-the-line tickets can be found with a $10 donation to Household Promise of the Santa Clarita Valley. Get extra data right here.
9. Cemetery Lane at Heritage Sq. Museum -> The victorian properties at Heritage Sq. Museum get a haunted makeover throughout this 5-day classic trick-or-treat expertise, operating from Oct. 27-31. There are 13 themed trick-or-treat stops in all, and tickets are $25-$30 relying on time of entry. Extra data right here.
10. Halloween Hootenanny Craft Beer Fest -> The Halloween Hootenanny competition involves the Museum of Latin American Artwork in Lengthy Seashore on Oct. 30 for a day stuffed with over 40 craft breweries, native wineries and cideries, plus a “macabre market” stocked with creepy artwork distributors, collectibles, native artists, reside performers, and meals choices. Normal admission tickets are $45. Extra data right here.
11. Haunted Little Tokyo -> On Oct. 30, Haunted Little Tokyo provides two occasions, one for the daytime, and one for the night. Starting at 2 p.m. an all-ages scavenger hunt kicks off the day at Japanese Village Plaza, with free maps obtainable to choose up at Cafe Dulce. At 7 p.m., a block celebration will get going that’ll embrace DJs, drinks, meals, and a dressing up contest. 21+ just for the latter occasion. RSVP for the block celebration right here get extra data on each occasions right here.
12. Self Assist Graphics Dia de los Muertos -> Self Assist Graphic’s forty eighth annual Dia de los Muertos celebration returns to Mariachia Plaza in Boyle Heights this Saturday, Oct. 30. Actions for the day embrace reside performances curated by The Paramount, a Muertos Market stocked with wares from native artists and artisans, particular avenue meals distributors, altars, plus a automobile caravan (3 p.m.) and strolling procession (4 p.m.) Free to attend. Extra data right here.
13. Dia de los Muertos at Hollywood Perpetually Cemetery -> Dia de los Muertos at Hollywood Perpetually returns after a pandemic hiatus, with this 12 months’s occasion cut up into daytime and nighttime classes. The night affair is now offered out, however tickets for the day occasion (operating from 9 a.m. to three p.m.) are nonetheless obtainable, beginning at $40 for normal admission. See the lineup of leisure and get extra data right here.
14. Scariurm of the Pacific -> Household pleasant occasion that includes a kids’s costume contest, creepy coloring contest, magic exhibits, underwater pumpkin carving, spooky storytelling, kooky crafts, and eerie animals within the Nice Corridor. Included with normal admission buy. Runs Oct. 30-31. Extra data right here.
15. Boonion Station -> This two-day Halloween occasion runs Oct. 30-31 on the south patio of Union Station. Company can count on a slew of family-friendly actions and leisure together with a enjoyable and fuzzy spider forest, Halloween crafts, tarantula tattoos and mad scientist slime classes, costume contests, a trick-or-treat prepare path, spooky stilt walkers, and extra. Admission is free, however RSVP is required. Runs 11 a.m. to five p.m each days, with timed entry cut up into two classes on every day. Extra data right here.
16. Free Screenings on the ITTV Pageant -> The Italian Tv Pageant (operating Oct. 30 to Nov. 2) kicks off this Saturday with a night of free screenings hosted at the Little Italy Piazza in San Pedro (638 S. Beacon Road). Programming together with the U.S. premiere of Pinocchio and Pals, plus episodes of Puffins and Arctic Pals, together with the animated quick Mila Screenings start at 6 p.m. Free and open to the general public Extra data right here.
17. Squid Recreation Halloween Social gathering -> West Hollywood’s Staff Solely is internet hosting a Squid Recreation themed Halloween this Saturday, full with a ‘Honeycomb Problem,’ obtainable as a $20 exercise. In the event you can profitable carve your formed cookie (hopefully it gained’t be the umbrella!) you’ll obtain a free specialty cocktail or shot of mezcal, and even when your cookie breaks you may nonetheless get a complimentary shot of mezcal. Drinks will likely be served by employees wearing theme, and there may also be reside music, spooky Squid Recreation-influenced decor, and episodes of the present streaming all through the area. Proof of vaccination will likely be required. Reservations recommended.
18. Dia de los Muertos at LA Plaza -> Have a good time Día de los Muertos at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes this Sunday with day of music and meals capped by a screening of Disney/Pixar’s Coco. Stay leisure for the day consists of Aztec dance by Xico Tepec, music by The Mariachi Conservatory, and particular performances by Ballet Folclorico Princesa Donaji and Tierra Blanca Arts Heart. The occasion kicks off at midday. Admission is free. Extra data right here.
19. The Phantom of the The Opera at The Outdated City Music Corridor -> All all through October, The Outdated City Music Corridor in El Segundo is screening spooky classics, together with a Spanish language model of Dracula. On Oct. 31, the collection of movies caps off with two showings (2:30 or 7 p.m.) of the 1925 silent model of The Phantom of the Opera, which will likely be accompanied reside on by the theater’s Mighty Wurlitzer Pipe Organ. Tickets are $20 per particular person. Extra data right here.
20. Halloween Costume Ball -> Riviera 31 at The Sofitel Resort will host Affinity Nightlife’s annual Halloween Costume Ball this Sunday with spooky cocktails like ’The Ghost Rider’, a Dia de los Muertos drink menu, reside music indoor and outside, complimentary celebration favors, sweet and extra.
21. Vampire Ball -> DTLA wine store and bistro Good Clear Enjoyable is internet hosting a Vampire-themed Halloween Social gathering this Sunday. Anticipate a dressing up contest (vampires inspired, all costumes welcomed), spooky décor, and loads of music. Costume contest winners will obtain a free bottle of wine. Additionally on the menu are Mommenpop aperitif jello pictures and a one-night solely dessert particular, the ‘Damaged Glass Blood Cake’ (chocolate cake, white buttercream frosting, sugar sweet ‘glass’ shards and raspberry ‘blood’) from pastry chef Marina Pilar-Aranda. Occasion kicks off at 5 p.m.
22. Trick-or-Deal with at Grand Central Market -> GCM is internet hosting a family-friendly trick-or-treat session for teenagers aged 10 or youthful on Oct. 31, starting at 4 p.m. Free to take part. Extra data right here.
23. Mira Nair Double-Function -> On Sunday, social influence collective ARRAY is internet hosting a free double-feature matinee of two movies by director Mira Nair. Screenings of Monsoon Wedding ceremony and Mississippi Masala will bookend a reside Q&A with the director. First film begins at midday. Free tickets and extra data obtainable right here.
24. Halloween Youngsters Scoops & Pup Cups -> Plant-based ice cream store Pricey Bella Creamery in Hollywood is treating youngsters (12 and below) and canine who come into the shop on Halloween in costume to complimentary ice cream and Pup Cups (ice cream for canine.) Seasonal flavors this season consists of “America’s Favourite Sweet Bar” a peanut butter nougat ice cream with ribbons of fudge and caramel-coated roasted peanuts and the “Caramel Apple” a house-made caramel ice cream with pockets of granny smith apple jam. The freebie runs midday to 11 p.m. on Halloween.
25. Halloween Youngsters Scoops -> Salt & Straw has a particular Halloween-inspired menu which incorporates flavors akin to The Nice Candycopia, Don Bugito’s Creepy Crawly Critters, and Jack o’ Lantern Pumpkin Bread. Better of all, they’re freely giving one free youngsters scoop in a cup or sugar cone to all kids (16 or below) who go to a Salt and Straw location in costume on Halloween.
26. Thunderbolt -> For Halloween weekend Echo Park’s Thunderbolt will “gown up” as a Southern greasy spoon Friday by way of Sunday serving breakfast for dinner, booze out of espresso mugs and extra. Nightly DJ tunes will make this one fascinating celebration and costumes are inspired. Vaccinations are required to enter Thunderbolt.
27. All Season Brewing -> Chicas Tacos and All Season Brewing are celebrating Halloween weekend Oct. 30-31 with a dressing up contest, burlesque efficiency and drink specials on Saturday and mezcal flights plus beer specials, a efficiency by Mariachi Las Catrinas and face portray on Sunday.
28. Creepy Carnival -> Conservatory West Hollywood is internet hosting a Creepy Carnival evening this Saturday that includes cocktails akin to Lethal Nightshade, Vampire’s Kiss, and Bizarre Science Pictures. The evening may also embrace a DJ throughout dinner service and a tarot and or psychic readings for $10.
29. Theía -> Mediterranean restaurant Theía will host some full of life leisure, together with stomach dancers, sparkler theatrics, and reside DJs this Friday and Saturday. The restaurant will likely be decked out in spooky Halloween décor and shaking up specifically themed cocktails together with ‘The Graveyard’ manufactured from vodka, matcha powder, pineapple, lime, easy syrup, and garnished with a spooky eyeball gummy.
30. Free Sizzling Cocoa at Bardonna -> All-day brunch cafe Bardonna will likely be serving a complimentary Black Magic Sizzling Chocolate to youngsters wearing costume on Halloween. The new cocoa comes topped with whipped cream and sprinkles, and company may also discover a number of festive treats on the menu like Pumpkin French Toast and Espresso Cake Skulls.
31. Haunted Home Equipment -> Huckleberry Bakery & Café is bringing again its Haunted Home Equipment ($65) for pre-order till October 31. The equipment comes with quite a lot of natural and plant-based candies, sprinkles, icing, chocolate cookies and extra to construct a spooky home. The kits is on the market for pickup with 24 hours’ discover by ordering on-line by way of Tock (click on on Catering) or calling 310-451-2311 throughout enterprise hours.
32. Halloween Specials at The West Hollywood EDITION -> From Oct. 25 by way of Nov. 2, the Foyer Bar at The West Hollywood EDITION is shaking up a bloody Sundown Sangre ($20) a deep bittersweet concoction that includes flavours of Bigallet China-China, agave nectar, bitter blood orange puree and volcan reposado, the drink is served with an online of cotton sweet. As well as Chef John Fraser’s vegetable ahead restaurant Ardor on the highest flooring of the resort will supply a devious Poison Apple dessert ($16) on the menu for Halloween weekend Friday by way of Sunday. The dessert is made up of salted caramel espuma, roasted apple ice cream, caramelized puff pastry and an edible cinnamon stick.
Any notes or corrections? Need to counsel an occasion we should always add to an upcoming listing? Hit us up at email@example.com.